INFORMATION AND REQUESTS

INFORMATION AND REQUESTS.

Each week this blog will publish on Friday at 6pm Irish time. Mister Linky will remain open until 8am on Monday.

PLEASE LINK DIRECTLY to your monochrome post. If your link leads to your home page it makes it very difficult for anyone trying to visit after a few days.

PLEASE don't hide your photo(s) in a whole string of entries for other memes - it's hard for all concerned.


PLEASE post ONLY BLACK AND WHITE photos - no patches of colour and no sepia or other colour treatments however good they may look. A black and white photo with added colour will lead to REMOVAL OF THE LINK. This challenge is ONLY for black and white photographs.

Friday 19 August 2011

Friday, 19th August, 2011.

I made it!
I'm back in time to post this week's page!

Aileni chose his favourites this time. I've previously given some thought to featuring guest selectors, and I've treated this as a kind of practice run. I think it's worked well, so I'm asking if anyone else would like to try. I'll be away again on 11th September - anyone interested? Maybe we could make it a monthly event. Let me know how you feel.

My grateful thanks to Aileni for selecting six photos for me.
These are his choices; Francisca (Face of an Angel): E:thos (Staircase to Heaven): David, Houston (Drought): Paul, Auckland-West (Chapel of Faith in the Oaks): Ann (stair patterns): Magiceye (Butterfly).








As usual, you can click on the photos or the names above to visit the original posts. It's always well worth seeing the original photos full-size.

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THE COPYRIGHT OF THESE PHOTOS REMAINS WITH THEIR OWNERS.

DO NOT COPY WITHOUT EXPRESS PERMISSION.




16 comments:

Francisca said...

Thank you. I feel honoured to be chosen among this stellar group of photos. Welcome back, Dragonstar. (I am all for guest selectors, but do not feel competent to volunteer. This is new territory for me.)

Carver said...

These are all great choices. I'm with Francisca, I think guest selectors is a good idea but I don't feel competent to volunteer either. For one thing, I tend to like all the ones I visit and would have a hard time choosing. You do such a good job with it as does Aileni, and I'm sure some of the other participants could do well with it too but I'm a little insecure to try.

Harry Snowden said...

Welcome back!

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend!!

Leckeres für Mensch und Katze - Goodies for a pleasant life said...

Most I like the curving steps, but all are very nice captured. LG Tina

Anonymous said...

Aileni's choices are excellent. I love them all.

lina@home sweet home said...

Great selection.
Welcome back :)

forgetmenot said...

Nice B&Ws from last week. Have a great weekend. Mickie ;)

Chuck said...

All excellent choices. I love going to the sites and viewing the rest entries. It is an hour well spent.

Phyllis said...

A wonderful selection of photo's. It is nice to explore blogs as well as see so many marvelous black and white photographs. I enjoyed reading about Fransisca's travels and David's post about the drought in Texas. Dragonstar, I am envious of your being a grand-mother.

Laura said...

wonderful photos...I especially love the staircase. I missed TWIBW the past few weeks so it is great to be back!

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Nice selection.

Regards!

Anna Carin Ahlander said...

Great selections as always.
New look on my blogg, new camera and new beginning of my great life.
Love you all!
Anna

Rekha said...

Wonderful selections as always..the light and shadow my favourites.

la photographie doit rester simple. said...

c'est une bonne idee de demander a un des visiteurs de faire le choix. Encore une fois, une superbe serie b&w

David said...

Thanks so much for chosing "Drought" for the week's picks. That's my brother's shadow as well as my own so I'll tell him he's famous...or rather his shadow is. It's always such a nice surprise and such an honor amidst such wonderful entries.
David/ Houston B&W :-)